The interest and concern for sustainability are at an all-time high. People everywhere are thinking “what can I do to make a difference?” And so are we!
Our sustainability Story
Owners Ian and Diana Beadel have demonstrated a 40 year-long passionate commitment to minimising the resort’s carbon and human footprint for the sake of the environment, and consequently, sustainable tourism.
North Star was the eighth-holiday park out of approximately 2,700 in Australia to achieve the highly regarded Eco-Tourism Australia certification which is Internationally recognised through the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, EA designs and delivers certification programs for tourism products and destinations, assuring travellers that these are backed by a strong commitment to sustainability and quality. North Star maintains its status with more than 50 environmental or sustainable initiatives and is one of only two-holiday parks in NSW to achieve certification.
Some of our commitment to preserving the environment is evident in the environmental initiatives outlined below.
In addition to the existing solar-powered units that charge up the administration building, we recently installed a massive 92kw system to power the front section of North Star, including our Tuscany Villas, Coastal Cottages, water park and super slides, which are currently North Star’s greediest power munchers.
- Our Residental community benefit from fresh produce grown in onsite community gardens, fertilized by the onsite compost heap. Ripples Cafe produce is sourced from the local area to support local farmers.
- As an avid supporter of the sustainable café movement, discounts for customers utilising reusable coffee cups. Customers who supply any reusable coffee cup receive a 50c discount or they can purchase one of our Keep Cups and receive a $1.50 discount on all future coffees.
- Native habitats have been re-established on the grounds, including a lizard habitat for the Eastern Water Dragon, and a habitat for the Bush Stone-Curlews in the vicinity of the resort’s residential pool area.
- We are committed to providing our guests and associates with a family-friendly, smoke-free environment, with this in mind, North Star is a non-smoking property.
- New Marine Discovery Centre will incorporate state-of-the-art technology in a world-class display of marine and coastal science. “paramount to the continuation of fostering respect and knowledge of the marine environment amongst younger generations.”
- North Star is proud to use reusable push-button dispensers for all supplied toiletries.
- As you walk around the resort you’ll notice we are replanting our gardens with water-wise/ drought tolerant and native plants.
- KIMBERLEY K
We will definitely be back! We just came back from our first family holiday with our 2.5yr old and we loved it!! We stayed in one of the cabins which fitted the 3 of us in perfectly! And it was great to have a full working kitchen so we were able to cook/make all our meals instead of buying takeout every day. There was so much for us to do and our daughter was exhausted after every day!! Weekends were crazy busy so it was nice during the week to have spare space to play ball and even better when we had the whole pool/splash Park to ourselves!! We will definitely be back!
- TENILLE L
This holiday park IS next level AMAZING! The facilities are like no other park. We travelled for 4 months and stayed in dozens & dozens of holiday parks but nothing compared to this park. The kids absolutely loved it. They always had something fun to do. It was so great to have the kids club, hard for parents on holidays to get child free time!!! The positioning of the park was brilliant, only a two minute walk to the beach, 25 mins to Byron and still close to the Gold Coast. The staff were VERY helpful and always friendly. Thank you for a memorable stay. We will absolutely be back soon.
- NICKI F
Definitely one of the nicest places to stay on the Tweed Coast We stayed with a friend who is a resident at the park, and it is a beautiful location. The facilities include a water park, private swimming pool for residents, laundry, communal kitchen, spa and lap pool and Ripples Cafe which serves a very good breakfast. There is also a wonderful marine museum which is open to the public on Saturday mornings and the curator, Ted, is incredibly informative.
- KIMBERLEY H
This is possibly the best Holiday / Caravan Park ever! We had the most wonderful family holiday over Easter 2018 and have booked to return in Easter 2019. The park has everything, it is ideal for Kids of all ages with a Kids Club, Arcade room, outdoor play area, water park, water slides, pool and quiet roads for the kids to ride bikes and scooters around. Adults have their own private area with a lap pool and spa's, gym, hairdresser and massage.